The Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) is one of the successor companies of Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) charged with the responsibility of wheeling electricity power from the various power stations to the load centres across the country and beyond.To ensure efficient and cos t effective transmission, System operation, and improved service delivery. TCN is responsible for the following crucial activities:MANDATE
- Management of assets of the High Voltage Transmission System Operations as well as generation dispatch functions.
- Operate as the provider of open access transmission service based on regulated transmissionn tariff and non-discriminatory system operations and economic dispatch services within a regulatory framework provided by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), the Grid Code and the Market Rules.
- Load forecasting and system expansion planning.
- Acquiring the necessary ancillary service for defined reliability and quality service standards.
- Managing the market settlement system.
- Development of the network through the construction of new transmission lines and substations for efficient Transmission and System operations, hence all stakeholders should observe the Grid Code, Distribution Code and Market rules.